Rivermead was established in 1910 and opened in 1911 as a nine-hole course, under the direction of architect Charles Murray.
The course was expanded to 18 holes in 1915 following the purchase of additional land in 1912. George Cumming, a well-known name in course design, directed the expansion.
Throughout our first 100 years, Rivermead Golf Club has hosted many national, provincial and local championship events, including:
1920 Canadian Open, won by James Douglas Edgar
1925 Ladies’ Canadian Amateur Championship, won by Ada MacKenzie
1932 CPGA Championship, won by Lex Robson
1959 CPGA Championship, won by Stan Leonard
1963 Canadian Junior Girls Championship, won by Cathy Galusha
2005 CN Canadian Women`s Tour Event, won by Linda Shephard
2010 CN Canadian Women's Tour Event, won by Candace Schepperle
In 1948, Rivermead, along with the Ottawa Hunt and Royal Ottawa golf clubs, formed the Ottawa District Golf Association, which became the Ottawa Valley Golf Association in 1981. With Ottawa Hunt and Royal Ottawa golf clubs, Rivermead has hosted the prestigious Alexander of Tunis tournament every three years since its inception in 1950.